- Anti-CD30 CAR-T Cell Therapy in Relapsed and Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma.
Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy of B-cell malignancies has proved to […]
- Effect of delays in the 2-week-wait cancer referral pathway during the COVID-19 pandemic on cancer survival in the UK: a modelling study.
During the COVID-19 lockdown, referrals via the 2-week-wait urgent pathway for suspected […]
- Pathological response in children and adults with large unresected intermediate-grade or high-grade soft tissue sarcoma receiving preoperative chemoradiotherapy with or without pazopanib (ARST1321): a multicentre, randomised, open-label, phase 2 trial.
Outcomes for children and adults with advanced soft tissue sarcoma are poor […]
- Dietary intake of total, animal, and plant proteins and risk of all cause, cardiovascular, and cancer mortality: systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies.
To examine and quantify the potential dose-response relation between intake of total, […]
- Genome-Wide Somatic Alterations in Multiple Myeloma Reveal a Superior Outcome Group.
Multiple myeloma (MM) is accompanied by heterogeneous somatic alterations. The overall goal […]
- Chemotherapy and Venetoclax in Elderly Acute Myeloid Leukemia Trial (CAVEAT): A Phase Ib Dose-Escalation Study of Venetoclax Combined With Modified Intensive Chemotherapy.
The B-cell lymphoma 2 (BCL-2) inhibitor venetoclax has an emerging role in […]
- S-1 plus leucovorin and oxaliplatin versus S-1 plus cisplatin as first-line therapy in patients with advanced gastric cancer (SOLAR): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial.
S-1 plus leucovorin and oxaliplatin showed promising efficacy for treatment of advanced […]
- Total Body Irradiation and Risk of Breast Cancer After Blood or Marrow Transplantation: A Blood or Marrow Transplantation Survivor Study Report.
To examine the association between total body irradiation (TBI) and subsequent breast […]
- Pembrolizumab Monotherapy for Recurrent or Metastatic Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Single-Arm Phase II Trial (KEYNOTE-629).
Treatment options are limited for patients with recurrent and/or metastatic (R/M) cutaneous […]
- Pregnancy After Breast Cancer in Patients With Germline BRCA Mutations.
Young women with germline BRCA mutations have unique reproductive challenges. Pregnancy after […]
- Neratinib Plus Capecitabine Versus Lapatinib Plus Capecitabine in HER2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer Previously Treated With ≥ 2 HER2-Directed Regimens: Phase III NALA Trial.
NALA (ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01808573) is a randomized, active-controlled, phase III trial comparing […]
- Sorafenib Maintenance After Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation for Acute Myeloid Leukemia With FLT3-Internal Tandem Duplication Mutation (SORMAIN).
Despite undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HCT), patients with acute myeloid […]
- Chronic Comorbidities Among Survivors of Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer.
To describe the incidence, relative risk, and risk factors for chronic comorbidities […]
- Ten-Year Results of FAST: A Randomized Controlled Trial of 5-Fraction Whole-Breast Radiotherapy for Early Breast Cancer.
Previous studies of hypofractionated adjuvant whole-breast radiotherapy for early breast cancer established […]
- Prevention and Management of Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy in Survivors of Adult Cancers: ASCO Guideline Update.
To update the ASCO guideline on the recommended prevention and treatment approaches […]
- Axicabtagene Ciloleucel in the Non-Trial Setting: Outcomes and Correlates of Response, Resistance, and Toxicity.
Axicabtagene ciloleucel (axi-cel) was approved by the Food and Drug Administration for […]
- Positron Emission Tomography-Directed Therapy for Patients With Limited-Stage Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: Results of Intergroup National Clinical Trials Network Study S1001.
Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) presents as a limited-stage disease in 25% […]
- Antiemetics: ASCO Guideline Update.
To update the guideline to include new anticancer agents, antiemetics, and antiemetic […]
- Margetuximab plus pembrolizumab in patients with previously treated, HER2-positive gastro-oesophageal adenocarcinoma (CP-MGAH22-05): a single-arm, phase 1b-2 trial.
Margetuximab, a novel, investigational, Fc-engineered, anti-HER2 monoclonal antibody, is designed to more […]
- Antithymocyte Globulin for Matched Sibling Donor Transplantation in Patients With Hematologic Malignancies: A Multicenter, Open-Label, Randomized Controlled Study.
The role of antithymocyte globulin (ATG) in preventing acute graft-versus-host disease (aGVHD) […]
- Cabozantinib in patients with platinum-refractory metastatic urothelial carcinoma: an open-label, single-centre, phase 2 trial.
Cabozantinib is a multikinase inhibitor of MET, VEGFR, AXL, and RET, which […]
- Intake of whole grain foods and risk of type 2 diabetes: results from three prospective cohort studies.
To examine the associations between the intake of total and individual whole […]
- Association of plasma biomarkers of fruit and vegetable intake with incident type 2 diabetes: EPIC-InterAct case-cohort study in eight European countries.
To investigate the association of plasma vitamin C and carotenoids, as indicators […]
- Primary chemoablation of low-grade upper tract urothelial carcinoma using UGN-101, a mitomycin-containing reverse thermal gel (OLYMPUS): an open-label, single-arm, phase 3 trial.
Most patients with low-grade upper tract urothelial cancer are treated by radical […]
- Trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer and brain metastases: exploratory final analysis of cohort 1 from KAMILLA, a single-arm phase IIIb clinical trial.
Patients with brain metastases (BM) from human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 […]
- A phase II, multicenter, two cohort study of 160 mg osimertinib in EGFR T790M-positive non-small cell lung cancer patients with brain metastases or leptomeningeal disease who progressed on prior EGFR TKI therapy.
Up to 40% of patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and […]
- Influence of Surgical Excision on the Survival of Patients With Stage 4 High-Risk Neuroblastoma: A Report From the HR-NBL1/SIOPEN Study.
To evaluate the impact of surgeon-assessed extent of primary tumor resection on […]
- Phase 1, First-in-Human Study of Futibatinib, a Highly Selective, Irreversible FGFR1-4 Inhibitor in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors.
Futibatinib is an oral, irreversible, highly selective fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR)1-4 […]
- Impact of compliance to chemoradiation on long-term outcomes in squamous cell carcinoma of the anus. Results of a post-hoc analysis from the randomized phase III ACT II trial.
Concurrent chemoradiation is standard-of-care for patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the […]
- Cancer registration in China and its role in cancer prevention and control.
Cancer has become a leading cause of death in China, with an […]
- Liver transplantation in hepatocellular carcinoma after tumour downstaging (XXL): a randomised, controlled, phase 2b/3 trial.
Indications for liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma are evolving and so-called expanded […]
- Differential Benefit of Adjuvant Docetaxel-Based Chemotherapy in Patients With Early Breast Cancer According to Baseline Body Mass Index.
Lipophilic drugs, such as taxanes, have a high affinity for adipose tissue […]
- Teriparatide Promotes Bone Healing in Medication-Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw: A Placebo-Controlled, Randomized Trial.
Medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw (MRONJ) is an infrequent but morbid and […]
- Pyrotinib in HER2-Mutant Advanced Lung Adenocarcinoma After Platinum-Based Chemotherapy: A Multicenter, Open-Label, Single-Arm, Phase II Study.
Targeted therapies against non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) harboring HER2 mutations remain an […]
- Avapritinib in advanced PDGFRA D842V-mutant gastrointestinal stromal tumour (NAVIGATOR): a multicentre, open-label, phase 1 trial.
Targeting of KIT and PDGFRA with imatinib revolutionised treatment in gastrointestinal stromal […]
- ESGO-SIOPE guidelines for the management of adolescents and young adults with non-epithelial ovarian cancers.
The European Society of Gynaecological Oncology and the European Society for Paediatric […]
- Weekly platinum-based chemotherapy versus 3-weekly platinum-based chemotherapy for newly diagnosed ovarian cancer (ICON8): quality-of-life results of a phase 3, randomised, controlled trial.
The ICON8 study reported no significant improvement in progression-free survival (a primary […]
- Neoantigen prediction and computational perspectives towards clinical benefit: Recommendations from the ESMO Precision Medicine Working Group.
The use of next-generation sequencing technologies has enabled the rapid identification of […]
- COVID-19 pandemic and uro-oncology follow-up: A “virtual” multidisciplinary team strategy and patients’ satisfaction assessment.
COVID-19 pandemic strongly modified the organizations of our clinical practice. Strict containment […]
- Lenvatinib plus pembrolizumab in patients with advanced gastric cancer in the first-line or second-line setting (EPOC1706): an open-label, single-arm, phase 2 trial.
Pembrolizumab, an anti-PD-1 antibody, results in tumour response in around 15% of […]
- Emotional health concerns of oncology physicians in the United States: fallout during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Cancer care is significantly impacted by the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. […]
- Lenvatinib and pembrolizumab in advanced gastric cancer.
Click here to read the full article @ The Lancet. Oncology
- Organization of a radiotherapy service during the COVID-19 epidemic: Experience of Regional Center of Oncology of Agadir, Morocco.
This study proposes organization of the activity of a radiotherapy service during […]
- Efficacy and Safety of Vandetanib in Progressive and Symptomatic Medullary Thyroid Cancer: Post Hoc Analysis From the ZETA Trial.
We conducted a post hoc analysis of the vandetanib phase III trial […]
- HSD3B1 (1245A>C) germline variant and clinical outcomes in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer patients treated with abiraterone and enzalutamide: results from two prospective studies.
A common polymorphism (1245A>C) in the HSD3B1 gene is associated with increased […]
- Fusobacterium nucleatum persistence and risk of recurrence after preoperative treatment in locally advanced rectal cancer.
Accumulating evidence has identified Fusobacterium as an important pathogenic gut bacterium associated […]
- Serum Detection of Nonadherence to Adjuvant Tamoxifen and Breast Cancer Recurrence Risk.
Nonadherence to long-term treatments is often under-recognized by physicians and there is […]
- Phase I Trial of First-in-Class ATR Inhibitor M6620 (VX-970) as Monotherapy or in Combination With Carboplatin in Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors.
Preclinical studies demonstrated that ATR inhibition can exploit synthetic lethality (eg, in […]
- The forefront of ovarian cancer therapy: update on PARP inhibitors.
In recurrent ovarian cancer, poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP)-inhibiting agents have transformed the treatment […]
- Treatment of Locally Advanced Esophageal Carcinoma: ASCO Guideline.
To develop an evidence-based clinical practice guideline to assist in clinical decision […]
- Cancer and the microbiome.
Click here to read the full article @ The Lancet. Oncology
- COVID-19 in patients with lung cancer.
Patients with lung cancers may have disproportionately severe COVID-19 outcomes. Understanding the […]
- Berzosertib plus gemcitabine versus gemcitabine alone in platinum-resistant high-grade serous ovarian cancer: a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 2 trial.
High-grade serous ovarian cancers show increased replication stress, rendering cells vulnerable to […]
- Successful Outcomes of Newly Diagnosed T Lymphoblastic Lymphoma: Results From Children’s Oncology Group AALL0434.
The Children’s Oncology Group (COG) protocol AALL0434 evaluated the safety and efficacy […]
- What Exactly Are We Measuring? Evaluating Sexual and Gender Minority Cultural Humility Training for Oncology Care Clinicians.
Click here to read the full article @ Journal of clinical oncology […]
- Event-Free Survival, a Prostate-Specific Antigen-Based Composite End Point, Is Not a Surrogate for Overall Survival in Men With Localized Prostate Cancer Treated With Radiation.
Recently, we have shown that metastasis-free survival is a strong surrogate for […]
- Emerging Treatment Paradigms for EGFR-Mutant Lung Cancers Progressing on Osimertinib: A Review.
Since its approval in April 2018, osimertinib has been widely adopted as […]
- Patient-Level Factors Associated With Lack of Health Care Provider Recommendation for the Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Among Young Cancer Survivors.
Young cancer survivors are at increased risk for morbidities related to infection […]
- Long-Term Outcomes in KEYNOTE-052: Phase II Study Investigating First-Line Pembrolizumab in Cisplatin-Ineligible Patients With Locally Advanced or Metastatic Urothelial Cancer.
The phase II single-arm KEYNOTE-052 study evaluated the efficacy and safety of […]
- COVID-19 in patients with thoracic malignancies (TERAVOLT): first results of an international, registry-based, cohort study.
Early reports on patients with cancer and COVID-19 have suggested a high […]